LOCATION: Rockville, MD
The main function of a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is to design, develop, code and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes.
Design, Develop, Code and Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures. To be successful you will require strong coding skills, analytical skill and problem solving skills. Additional requirements include strong communication both written and verbal as well as experience working in high-performance agile teams with high level of self-organization and collaboration. In this role you will be required to:
- Test system modifications or new development to prepare for implementation.
Develop both manual and automated testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, security and usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required with 5+ years experience required in software design and software programming.
- Experience with exposure to software architecture in addition to strong, practical and hands-on experience with automated testing tools and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience leading a small team is a plus.
“Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as the job title.”
***HIRING IMMEDIATELY-multiple positions***